Thursday 2 July 2009

The city of unexpected delights...

Well I'm pretty certain this week has been the hottest of the year so far, hitting 32 degrees yesterday =O which is pretty damn hot for ol' Bristol. Went to check out a new college today and to be blunt, I wasn't impressed. Gonna just stick it out at my current '6th form' for one more year, then uni here I come!!

Somewhere I discovered last week that I'm now dying for a uni place at is Glasgow. Yep, that big, dirty, overcrowded, intimidating city up in Scotland. That's what I thought.


But then I got there....




The university in all it's glory =]


Amongst the beautiful park of Kelvingrove, right in the heart of the West End....













And then there was, as always, the bizzare addition of modern architecture. It serves solely as a viewpoint, but I'm a fan of Glasgow Tower...



....Although sadly it was closed for maintenance.

Hope you enjoyed the photos =]

All that is left to say is take my word for it and check out this awesome city

4 comments:

  1. I don't live in Holland actually, but yes - the weather was amazing! And seems like you have been dealing with a fair amount of heat as well, 32 degrees... pfooh!
    Interesting buildings, especially that university is extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, yes, this week has been soo hot! It's crazy. Your university looks great! I wish you the best of luck there, really nice!

    And so nice of you to follow my blog. But until the middle of august or so, I'll be updating on my summer blog (www.bw-fashion.tumblr.com)so if your're interested I'd be glad if you'd take a look now and then :)

    all the best!
    hug hug

    bec wonders

    ReplyDelete
  3. the architecture is gorgeous there! i'm envious....to be surrounded by such scenery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliment!
    And no, I live in Belgium -the Dutch part of Belgium- which is indeed right next to Holland :)
    So in theory, I speak Flemish and people from The Netherlands (and Holland) speak Dutch, but it's pretty much the same language but a different dialect.

    ReplyDelete